Become an expert in navigation underwater and feel more comfortable because you know where you are. The best way to really nail navigation skills is the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty Course.
The PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty Course refines your observation skills and teaches you to use your compass accurately underwater.
To enroll to this course you must be at least 10 years old and be in the possession of the PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver certificate.
In 3 dives and 2 theory sessions your instructor will teach you:
- Pre-dive observations to aid navigation.
- Methods to estimate distance underwater.
- Using natural references above and underwater.
- Compass navigation while making at least 5 turns.
- Marking or relocating a submerged object or position from the surface.
- The basics of making an underwater map.
During this course you will experience that the compass is an essential tool. So your PADI instructor will also learn you the following:
- Features of your underwater compass.
- Correct positioning for diving with a compass.
- Setting your compass.
- Methods for using your underwater compass to relocate underwater sites.
- Navigation patterns commonly used by divers.
You will learn several methods to navigate underwater using natural clues and by following compass headings. You will know how to make and use underwater maps.
Beside your basic diving gear you will need a compass and underwater slate. Your PADI instructor may suggest additional gear such as marker buoys or lines and reels to stay oriented.
Your PADI instructor will work with you to improve your compass handling and use.
The price of the course is not including the manual and the certificate.
After finishing the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty Course you will be the scuba diver that everybody wants to follow because you know where you are and where you are going. You will know how to make a proper dive plan and how to follow it.
The advantage of taking the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty Course is that you will feel safer underwater. Your dives will be more relaxing and you will find easier the best diving spots underwater.
You are looking for a new challenge, well the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty Course can be challenging.
Subscribe the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty Course with us to become a pro in finding your way underwater using your compass, natural references and your observation skills.